Capitol Impact has an immediate opening for a Program Assistant/Associate who will be responsible for graphic design, data and concept visualization, infographics, and brand management associated with a variety of public policy projects and programs, including the Linked Learning Alliance. Capitol Impact is a Sacramento-based firm specializing in policy development, capacity building, and project management and implementation.
One of our projects, the Linked Learning Alliance, is rapidly expanding the statewide and regional scope of its policy, communications, and field support infrastructure. Our application process invites you to provide creative evidence or demonstration of your skill, talent, achievement, impact, and experience as part of your online application. A portfolio of evidence is a must.
No one at Capitol Impact does just one thing. So if you are a Graphic Designer or a Data Visualization expert who has always wanted to work on public policy or develop new business opportunities and partnerships, we might be the perfect match.
- Execute and manage the day-to-day implementation of multiple Capitol Impact projects.
- Creatively communicate data and concepts through visual means.
- Design and content of presentations, brochures, fact sheets, videos, and infographics.
- Inform strategic use of graphic design content.
- Conceptualize, design and develop data visualization solutions that synthesize complex data concepts into clear and compelling communications.
- Provide technical support for use of graphic design and data visualization.
- Work as part of a team, coordinate staff and supervise interns, and act in a backup capacity to the firm’s principals in a variety of settings.
- Provide design, administrative, and tactical support for Linked Learning innovation projects.
- Represent the Linked Learning Alliance to partner organizations and external stakeholders involved in innovation projects.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Word Press proficiency.
- Competency and experience in graphic design, including the design of brochures, fact sheets, data visualizations, flow charts, and other marketing and outreach materials.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite or equivalent design software packages.
- Direct experience in graphic design, or specific educational training with a work-based component in graphic design.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (macros, advanced analytical methods), data analysis and statistics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience using social media (such as Twitter and Facebook).
- Must be a self- starter, able to work independently and with a diverse team.
- Must demonstrate goal-oriented work ethic and strong attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative, data analysis, evaluation, and performance measurement skills.
- Ability to handle numerous tasks concurrently and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Adept at developing and implementing diverse programs across multiple projects.
- Experience developing and sustaining alliances with partners.
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Strong skills in spreadsheets, databases, word processing, charting/graphics, and presentation software.
- A minimum of an Associate degree.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in visual arts, communications, business or public administration, political science, public policy, or education, with coursework in marketing and/or graphic communications.
- Certification or other advanced training in graphic design and/or data visualization.
- Working experience with relational databases, visualization tools, and statistical or modeling software.
- Policy content knowledge and/or experience in education and workforce development, and an understanding of Linked Learning.
We have found that these criteria are strongly related to success in positions like this at our organization. If you believe your talent is the perfect match for this job at an extraordinary level but are missing one or two of these requirements, you may attach one piece of highly creative evidence or demonstration to your online application. Whether you include a video, a presentation, a dance routine, or any other demonstration is entirely up to you.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$42,000 - 54,000 (Program Associate) or $36,000-48,000 (Program Assistant) annually, depending on education, experience, and demonstrated talent and potential, plus a benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision coverage as well as 401(K) matching, with new hires typically starting between the range minimum and midpoint. The range is determined by external grants and contracts and is not subject to negotiation, so please do not apply if your salary requirements exceed these ranges.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Position is open immediately until filled.