Capitol Impact is seeking an enthusiastic professional to fill the role of a Program Manager. We are a Sacramento-based firm specializing in policy development, capacity building, and project management and implementation, with an emphasis on public education. The Program Manager will embody our commitment to collaboration and continual learning, working in close partnership with the leadership and program teams for two projects at our firm: CORE Districts and the Alliance for Regional Collaboration to Heighten Education Success (ARCHES).
The Program Manager will be responsible for ensuring that program operations and partnerships run smoothly and efficiently, and will also focus on planning and sustainability efforts to further strengthen and develop both programs. This position requires some budgeting and finance experience, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills. The successful candidate will be a self-starter committed to CORE’s and ARCHES’s missions with nonprofit and/or education experience. Approximately 10-15 days of single day or overnight travel will be required throughout the year.
- Strategic planning: Partner with organizational leadership to support strategic planning projects. Leverage this work to develop and monitor annual organizational and program work plans.
- Budgeting and finance: Work with leadership and financial team members to develop and manage an annual organizational budget, act as a liaison with finance and accounting staff, and prepare financial reports as requested by management.
- Organizational and program operations: Manage contracts and invoicing. Act as a liaison for HR needs. Manage relationships with contractors and partners. Develop procedures and recommend improvements for these workstreams.
- Grants and development: Responsibilities include prospect identification, proposal planning and writing, grant budget development, and reporting. Additionally, establish and maintain relationships with Foundation contacts and program officers.
- Meeting and event planning: Coordinate meeting planning, from content to logistics, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Project Design/Management: Provide planning, brainstorming, drafting, and formatting support for the development of strategic and business plans. This includes acting as the project manager and liaison for the partnership.
- Other: Assume additional responsibilities as assigned. Serve as an active member of the CORE Districts and ARCHES teams, contributing to goal setting and the refinement of processes and procedures. Provide on- and offsite support for events and other activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of experience managing programs and/or projects. Fundraising and grant writing experience in the non-profit or education sectors is a plus.
- An understanding of program and organizational budgeting, with the ability to read and assess financial documents, is required.
- Exceptional oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff.
- Position is writing intensive, strong writing skills are required.
- Aptitude working with numbers and experience in collecting and analyzing data.
- Demonstrated commitment to team and staff development.
- Flexible and able to multi-task, with experience responding to multiple priorities while maintaining a positive attitude and good humor.
- Passionate about CORE’s and ARCHES’ missions and able to promote and communicate their philosophies to external and internal partners.
Salary and Benefits
$48,000-$55,000 annually, depending on education and experience, plus a benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision coverage as well as 401(K) matching.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Position is open immediately until filled.