Position: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)/Chief Operating Officer (COO)
As a key member of the Capitol Impact’s Senior Management team, the CFO/COO will report to the Managing Partner and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO/COO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the four organizations including Capitol Impact, LLC., Linked Learning Alliance, and Policy Impact. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, job costing, legal, property management, human resources, and other duties as assigned.
- Provide leadership in budget development, management, and reporting needs for Capitol Impact and its projects/nonprofits
- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Take hands-on lead position of developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive project cost system.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization, including cash management and investment opportunities.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Capitol Impact partners and staff so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide the Capitol Impact Partnership with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Provide oversight for Office Management and Office Manager, ensuring the Office Manager is running the office efficiently and effectively with the management desired tone.
- Responsible for the oversight of the office information systems, including managing the firm’s investments in information technology and the relationship with its outside IT firm.
- Provide executive personnel oversight, including ensuring appropriate hiring, firing, personnel reviews, and specific HR issues including benefits, 401K, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS in Accounting or Finance, MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- 5+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Other Skills & Abilities:
PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Quickbooks and Excel is preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
To be negotiated.